Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Getting Worse From More Practice

After all these years of practice, I don't seem to be getting any better. Recently, I felt that I have been getting worse, in fact. I don't seem to be making progress, and I notice myself making more mistakes. At first, I thought it was because I was not practising enough. But then, recently, a friend of my teacher mentioned to me that, the more you learn, the more aware you are of your mistakes. Maybe that is what is happening to me. As I learn more and become more aware about myself, I start to become aware of my mistakes. I start to become aware that my posture is not as straight as I want it to be, my kua is not as relaxed as I want it to be.

Of course, it could also be that I really am not practising enough. So in order to know if I am indeed making progress or not, I need to do some soul searching and ask myself, have I indeed been practising enough?

No comments: