Sunday, October 19, 2008

You Have The Answer

I was driving back from a pushing hands lesson, and in my mind were some questions. I was going through them so that I can organise what I want to ask my teacher the next time I see him.

But as I was going through the questions, I started thinking more about them, and in the end, I realised that I actually had the answers to the questions. I realised that I had the answer to what I should do when my opponent pushes me till I have no more room to retreat, or what to do should he stiffen his hands to prevent anyone from moving it. And the answers are all so simple, because taiji is very simple. The principles are always the same, it is just a matter of realising when to apply what.

So if you have a question, think about it. Go back to basics, and who knows, the answer may be within yourself!

No comments: